306 ST

I have a troublesome 306 ST '95 Auto which has had an ongoing saga of repairs. Since I have never owned to when it has been running properly, I do not know the answer to the following question...Please help. QUESTION: Should you be able to move the shift from N to R without having to depress the "lock" button on the side of the shift? In other words, is there supposed to be lock on the shift that prevents it being moved through N to R when the car is moving fwd?

Reply to
Ian

My tranny is locked like this:

P - locked R - can be pulled down to neutral N - can be pushed up to reverse and pulled down to drive D - can be pulled down to 3

3 - can be pushed up te drive 2 - can pulled down to 1 1 - can be pushed up to 2

HTH Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer