306 tyres - please recommend

i have a 306 d'turbo what do you guys recommend tyre wise. i want good wet performance and 10,000 out of them. Tried pirelli p6000. good grip but high road noise and tram lining a lot.

Simon

Reply to
SimonDS

In message , SimonDS writes

I stick to Michelin - loooooong tyre life - got 90k of motorway miles out of a full set. Wet grip is err iffy at best though. Tried some Toyos but they lasted 6k and wet weather grip was only marginally better.

D Turbo here as well

Reply to
mike. buckley

I had the same brand on my 405, Dturbo 306 and S16 and found they were great. Avon ZV1s, they are now redundant as Avon have moved to ZV3s, and I have just has some put on my 406 they seems at least as good so i'd say you'd be hard pressed to find something better for the same cost.

Reply to
Andy C

My 1995 Peugeot 306 ran very nicely on Michelin Certis tyres. They were the quietest tyres that I have ever owned, comfortable, durable and cornered well.

Sargasso_C.

Reply to
Sargasso_C

Im using federal SS595s, cheaper tyre (£50+vat for a 215 40 17) and expected it to be lower quality but im more than impressed - easily outperforms my Rainsport 1s that were nearly treble the price. Most tyre places can get them in next day.

a german link obviously but they're available throughout the UK.Apparently big in japland.

Coyoteboy

pirelli p6000. best wet grip going. wear a bit quick on front end though but then diesels do. as good as the goodyear eagle f1 i have on my astra

Thats a german link obviously but they're available throughout the UK.> Apparently big in japland.>

Reply to
SimonDS