306: Window switches again - linked to courtesy lights and lights-on alarm?

Hi again

Are there any components linking the interior courtesy lights with the driver's side window switches in a second edition 306 (1998)?

Problem:

  • Passenger door: - Window controls work 100% of the time
  • Driver's door: - Mirror controls work 100% of the time - Window controls work sometimes (thus seemingly lit/unlit below)
  • Lights on alarm works with passenger door, not drivers door.

Testing performed:

  • With side/headlights on: - Passenger door open, alarm sounds; door window switch remains lit - Driver's door open, no alarm, door window switch lit/unlit at random yet mirror control always lit.

We have examined the large plastic connection block to the driver's door control and found nothing wrong. We have not been able to disconnect the black bound wire attached to the top/head of the switch unit to take the unit itself apart to check for corrosion.

We also checked the switch pin on the drivers door junction that tells if the door is shut or not and found nothing wrong.

So we're a bit mystified by apparently two separate problems common to the fact that they are both broken at the driver's side door!

Any ideas? Can't seem to narrow it down...

James

Reply to
James Green