306 Wipers problem

The front windscreen wipers on my 306 XSi when on intermittent have started to stay stuck half way up the windscreen for about 2-3 seconds then carry on. The cycle where they stay stuck should be at the bottom of the screen but somehow has now moved up to the middle of the screen.

I have checked most of the electrical wires in the car and nothing looks un-toward.

If anybody has any ideas to resolve this issue I'd be grateful

Thanks.

Reply to
cookacat

It's probably the parking switch on the motor. The contacts are a known weak point. You can take the motor to bits and fix them or shell out a lot of money to get a new motor.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Is is a straight forward job to fix the parking switch contacts? What exactly is it that needs fixing and what do I need to look out for?

Thanks >

Reply to
cookacat

I just bought a new motor, I couldn't spare the time to investegate when mine went, now I seem to have ages. My car hasn't moved in over ten days... :-(

There was a recent thread on this.

Subject: 306 front wiper self parking repair

news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com

Reply to
Phil Cook

Reply to
cookacat

sounds likes it needs a very good clean

Reply to
Chris

I took out the front wiper motor, and opened up the wiper motor (that was a job and a half!). I could see nothing wrong with it at all, and it was in good condition with no water damage, no need for a clean and no broken wires.

I put the wiper motor back and the front windscreen wipers when on intermittent setting, still parks half way up the screen. The back windscreen wiper is fine. I've also replaced the battery (the old battery died over Xmas) so the car's had a reset also.

Is there anyth>> The front windscreen wipers on my 306 XSi when on intermittent have

Reply to
cookacat