306 XSi Auto transmission change thumps !!!!!

We have owned a '99 306XSi since new and have had a consistent auto gear change "thump" when the 306 starts to accelerate from a strationary position.

Peugeot help has been to acknowledge the "problem" and have replaced the auto's main control unit, they have tried different oils, have reprogrammed the computer several times - all to no avail.

We are worried this could become serious over time.

Do others have a similar experience; or are we a one-off? Is there a known cure to eliminate the gear change thump? (apart from selling the car !!!!!)

Hope you can help. Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew

"Andrew" schreef in bericht news:fZJic.9206$ snipped-for-privacy@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

Sorry, I can't help you. But I am curious if Peugeot replaced the main control (Computer?)and looked for a solution at no cost? Or did it all happen in the one-year guarantee period? And you are still driving this car with its shortcomings?

Reply to
B52