306HDi dial question

Randomly when I start the card first time, both speedo and rev counter dials go round to about the 2 o clock position, stay there for a few seconds and then return to normal. Any ideas please?

TIA

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

That should have said car NOT card !!

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Have you washed the car before this has happened?just might have a bit of water in the old eletrics.

Reply to
Chrs

Embarrasing to say that I haven't had chance to wash it for ages!! I suspect the battery might be on its way as on cold morning when I start driving with the lights on, they seem to dim as I change gear? Having said that, it's the original battery and the car is March

2001!!!

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Also check the 306 favourite---battery earth leads. One from the battery to the gearbox and then to the chassis. Give the ends a good tug.

Reply to
Nigel

Sounds like it get it all checked out. they can check batt and the charge system,alternator belts

Reply to
Chrs