306TD Exterior Light problem

Hi,

Just had a lighting failure on my S reg 306 TD.

Lights that don't work:

Rear: tail lights, fog light, number plate lates. Front: side lights, fog lights. Internal: Dash illumination (heater controls and instrument panel)

The reversing light, stop lights and indicators seem fine. All dash warning lights also seem to be fine.

Fuses checked (in the dark).

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Martin

Reply to
Martin L Baker

Do the hazard, courtesy and map reading lights still work? If so, it sounds like it is the switch that has failed or developed a loose connection. You should be able to get a replacement quite cheaply.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae

Hi,

Yeah, I remembered that the fog lights won't work without the side lights being on (even if the headlights are on). That lead me to conclude it was a faulty switch, and I managed to replace the stalk switch for £10 from a breaker's yard just round the corner.

Thanks

Reply to
Martin L Baker