306XLD oil FILLER removal

Can someone tell me how to remove the oil filler assembly from the block on a Peugeot 306 XLD?

Reason: The oil vapour hose is split. The lower hose end is fixed with what looks like a Jubilee clip but without the screw. Its a use once fixing. I cant get to the clip so I will have to remove the part the clip and hose are attached to which is the oil filler assembly. There appears to be a connection from the base of the oil filler assembly into the engine block. Can someone tell me how to remove the oil filler assembly from the block?

I'm not referring to oil filter but the oil filler assembly.

Many thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

Yes, the oil filler to the front of the block. I had the same problem, and found that with careful use of a screwdriver, I was able to prise the split hose off the plastic filler without removing the clip. It was quite easy actually, it really almost pulled off. Then use a jubilee clip to hold the new pipe, which again is possible without removing anything. Brian.

Reply to
brian

Thanks for the info... will try again. Incidently, a Peugeot engineer told me that there is no need to use retaining clips on the breather pipe. Just push it on and leave it.

Reply to
Alt Beer

the metal clip can be removed with side cutters and a twist

Reply to
mindwipe