307 3-door driver seat problems

The tilt and slide mechanism on the driver's seat in my 3-door 307 Rapier (November 2001) is very stiff. It's a two-hand job to move the seat. Not very practical if you are carrying something that you want to place on the back seat.

The passenger seat works fine. My local dealer (Castle's of Leicester) have tried greasing the runners to no avail and last week had the seat out entirely and greased the cable from the tilt handle to the locking mechanism. Still no improvement. Even once the seat is unlocked, it's near impossible to slide it forward. Either the runners are not parallel or not level with one another.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,

Raymond Dalgleish

Reply to