307 Bonnet catch not releasing

Hi all,

Went to open the bonnet of our 307 tonight and despite pressing the release catch down with as much force as I would risk the bonnet just will not release.

Any ideas of why this is happening ? Can this be resolved without a visit to a dealer ?

Cheers,

Reply to
WarpHed

its just a bit siezed get somewone to pull the lever while you bang on the bonnet (not hard enuf to damage it though)

Reply to
Mindwipe

Will give that a go........cheers.

Ian

Reply to
WarpHed

Dont hit the bonnet too hard or your be putting it into to have the bonnet resprayed,and the dents taken out.

Reply to
Chris

Hi Ian, I experienced this, and it got worse as I tried to force it. Just remember that you dont pull the catch up towards you. It wants to rotate from 6 o clock to 4 o clock position as youre facing the car. Once you got the bastard open, clean and spray with WD40 etc.

Reply to
fred