307 Climate Control

Greetings everyone,

The 'climate control' on my car doesn't seem to be working properly (at least it seems to me)

During the winter, the car heated up fine using the 'auto' setting. Heat was distributed by the windscreen and footwell vents etc. However, now that things are warming up in the UK, the car doesn't cool down on the 'auto' setting. I hear the fans starting up, but no cool air out of any vents, unless I open the face vents and then I am blasted with freezing air!!

If I manually set the controls to windscreen/footwell distribution, it works OK, but the documentation definitely says that this should be automatic. The dealership tell me there is nothing wrong and that this is normal operation

Can anyone else with climate control (digital air con) please tell me how their vehicle operates when cooling down?

Thanks, in advance

Howard Ipswich, Suffolk, UK

Reply to
Howard Pollock

Just tried mine (307SWw digital climate control), closed all face level vents,turned temp down to 14,AC set to Auto, not much evidence of any cooling effect, pressing the air distribution button to screen or footwell, produced a noticable cooling effect, putting back to auto, and it stopped. Open face level vents, plenty of cooling

So it does seem in auto that the cool air is only/mainly directed to the face level vents

Reply to
only_me

Don't think you are supposed to close all the face vent's for this reason. I think my 206 is the same

Reply to
Terrytubby

yes, on my 307sw this is the same: you must keep all (or at least some of them, I would assume) the face vents FULLY OPEN, and in this case the aircond works the best way (efficient+silent)

Reply to
Octav

Hi, I believe in the users manual it specifically says to keep the vents open when the air con is on. I find mine a bit too cold (from the vents) sometimes so regularly just point it up to the ceiling and down to the floor when I am using air con.

Reply to
HDIdriver

Thanks to everyone that replied. Looks as though my dealer was right after all!

Regards

Howard

Reply to
Howard