307 electrics failing

Hi there,up to now i've had no issues whatsoever with the electrics on my 51plate 2.0 glx hdi,..but this morning on a 140mile round trip,every now and again everything on instrument panel went off then back on again,really quick flickers, (rev counter ,speedo, mileometer ,fuel guage,temp gage)as tho it was resetting itself ,also sometimes the fuel light flickered on as well as other lights in the cluster,also the heater went off as well as radio,also cd kept changing tracks or resetting???...has anyone had the same problem ?or do you know what could be wrong?...thanks..martyn

Reply to
bobbytinn

I had it happen once, after I pulled over and turned the engine off it was fine afterwards. That weekend I took off the quick-release battery terminals cleaned the terminals and the posts on the battery and re-attached tehm with a fresh coating of vaseline. Those quick release battery terminals are the weakest design that I have ever seen in a car, such a small contact area for current to flow through.

Never done it since.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

This could also be the earthing to the engine and the gear box. Had this problem on a 406.

Dave G

Reply to
Dave G via CarKB.com

Check all your earth straps. as this sounds like what it is .

Reply to
Chris

Hi,

Had a similar problem last year on my 2004, 307 1.6. Resetting clock, resetting radio, doors not unlocking cleanly etc. Got progressively worse over 6 months until one day the wipers started wiping all on their own!

Took it in and after Peugeot stuffing around for a month they found several wires under the fuse box had melted together and to earth and the fuse box had parts melted as well!

Total bill came to R30,000 (about 3,000 pounds) luckily all under warranty.

Started doing its tricks again two months ago so I sold it ASAP!

Reply to
Matthew

Reply to
bobbytinn