307 hazzard lights not working!

Hi there, I own a 2002 Peugeot 307 XSI 2.0 and recently I noticed (for the first time) that my automatic hazard lights (the system which turns on the warning lights in sudden deceleration) were not working! After visiting my dealer, they told me my car wasn't equiped with that system! Having paid for it (as it is standard equipment on all 307's sold here) I complained and after many letters, Peugeot finally replaced my BSI!

When I went to pick up the car, I was informed that everything was ok, the system was tested in Diag 2000 and it was working. After testing the car in real-life driving, I found out that, even in heavy braking, the system doesn't work!

My dealer told me everything was working ok in Diag2000 so they will be searching other faults! Any ideas??

BEST WISHES

PS: The automatic lights now go on even when the car is stopped (parked) and the engine off everytime the light level drops! Before the latest visit to my dealer they only worked with the engine turned on! Any more thoughts?

Reply to
Green Wasabi

My auto-hazards only come on when I brake hard above 50mph.

If that helps ?

Reply to
Mungo Jerry

Note that automatic-hazard comes on only when with *REALLY* strong braking force is applied. I just had it working once, and it was a test..

Speed approx 100Km/h (little more than 60mph) and FULL DEPRESSION of brake pedal. ABS came in, and hazards too.... hope this helps!

Be aware, don't try this if you have cold brakes discs, there's risk of damaging these!

Reply to
NiCkO

Aren't the auto hazard lights linked to the EBA (brake assist) system that applies maximum pressure on the brakes when it thinks you're doing an emergency stop? Even quite heavy braking might not trigger that. But I wouldn't have thought it was speed related.

Androo

Reply to
Androo

I think so!

I think it's speed related, try moving at 5 mph and then brake with all your force. You'll get EBA, maybe ABS but not hazard lights!

Reply to
NiCkO

Hi,

I have the same idea about this. And at 5MPH you don't have any ABS assistance anyway (or a little few, I guess the threshold value is close to

5).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"Androo"

No, the EBA is a completely mechnical device. (the speed of the break-pedal will move/not move valves and apply full brake with the servo unit.)

The hazard warning lights are linked to the accelerometers (airbag). So hazard lights come on, when the decceleration of the car reaches a certain limit. On slippery road, you might not reach the required threshold, even with full breaks applied. On the other hand dry road, with summer tires, even small breaking can trigger the lights. There might also be some speed threshold set, I don't know.

--szapcsi--

Reply to
Szapcsi

When I was testing the car and hit the brakes, in one of the times, I was going at about 70 Km/H, and on the other 90 Km/H. In both times, I hit full brakes and the EBA (Brake assistance) automatically worked. I felt it working, clearly, but the hazzard lights didn't work!

Is it REALLY speed related? Does anyone know it for SURE? I tested in clear conditions and dry road!

Thanks for all the help, keep sending more info!

Best Whishes

My auto-hazards only come on when I brake hard above 50mph.

If that helps ?

Reply to
Green Wasabi

charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Update:

I just went last friday, to my local Peugeot dealer and talked to the = technician. I left the car for a few hours and they spent it trying to = search for any malfunction! They used their Diag 2000 to call "the platform" as they call it = otherwise known as Peugeot France (general tech office)! They were instructed to look if everything in Diag 2000 was ok, to which = they replied yes. They were then told, that if everything was ok, then = the system MUST work. They tested at 100 Km/h and they system finnaly worked (for one time)!

The system only kicks off above 80 Km/H.

Then I tested it, and I must say that hitting the brakes the same way I = had previosly done, finnally hit the system! But I describe it as having to perform a lot of break force with lots of = strenght to kick off the system. And the lights only come off in the end = of the braking manouver!

Any ideas? Has anyone experienced the system yet? Does it work the same = way I felt it?

Best wishes

Is it REALLY speed related? Does anyone know it for SURE? I tested in = clear conditions and dry road!

Thanks for all the help, keep sending more info!

Best Whishes

My auto-hazards only come on when I brake hard above 50mph.

If that helps ?=20

Reply to
Green Wasabi

The system only kicks off above 80 Km/H.

Then I tested it, and I must say that hitting the brakes the same way I had previosly done, finnally hit the system! But I describe it as having to perform a lot of break force with lots of strenght to kick off the system. And the lights only come off in the end of the braking manouver!

Any ideas? Has anyone experienced the system yet? Does it work the same way I felt it?

Yes. Had to avoid a pheasant the other day, travelling at about 55mph. Hit the brakes hard, and the hazards came on briefly when the car had just about stopped. They went off when I released the brakes and accelerated.

Androo

Reply to
Androo

Hi there, I must then conclude that my system works just like yours! ;-) I hit the bakes hard, also and the hazzards come, also briefly, when my car was almost stoped! I turned them off manually, but I think they also go off by pressing accelarator or clutch!

Thank you very much, I now have my Peugeot 307 fully operational and running top notch, since I bought it (2002)!!

If anyone need some help in 307 problems, just ask!

Best wishes

Merry Xmas, Happy New Year

Reply to
Green Wasabi

Er, isn't that what hazard lights ought to do if they are going to be automatic?

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Of course. I was confirming to a poster that this actually did happen because he was having doubts.

Androo