307 HDi 90 to Hdi 110

Please excuse a stupid question.....

I heard that the 90 and 110 BHP versions of the 2 litre diesel were only different because of software in the engine management system. Is it possible to "overclock" the 90 just by an adjustment to this software? Is there real physical differences in the engine ?

I am sceptical, but curious. As usual one of you guys will have the definitive answer.

Reply to
david quinn

yes you can get ecu remapped to increase bhp on the 90 but not sure if thats all that was done to bring it up to 11o but would be much else to gain 20 hp a good free flow exhaust and air fillter could give you up to

10 bhp
Reply to
blackknight

The additional 20hp comes from an inter-cooler fitted on the 110hp unit. This is an expensive "after thought" and, if you are looking for more power/torque the 20hp can be less expensively provided by fitting an additional "chip" or re-mapping the original. Have a look at

I have no commercial interest but, what they don`t know about diesels probably ain`t worth knowing. Happy Motoring.

Reply to
walter.lindsay

The difference, if I'm not mistaken is a variable noozle turbo, higher pressure injection and ECU (electronics). Best wishes

Reply to
Green Wasabi