307 Hdi 90 Very lumpy idle

it's an 2003 hdi 90 only done 14000 miles had it for about six months faultless driving until today as i came to a stop at some traffic lights the car started to idle so badly it almost cut out (car shaking) so i switched of the ignition and tried to restart the car about 15-20 attempts,it failed to start.then i put my foot down on the throttle and turned it over and it started with a splutter and has been fine since (about 2 hours driving) idle gone back to normal,now starts normal again,has anyone had a similar fault,i'm going to get it booked in at peugeot on mon but because the fault has now gone i don't want them looking at me strange and coming out with any crap like theres nothing wrong.

Reply to
Ady

"Ady" wrote in news:mtZDd.80902$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

What are the chances of *that* happening?

Reply to
southpawArcher

With my local dealer theres a very good chance because pug customer service is the worst i have seen.

Reply to
Ady

"Ady" wrote in news:_m4Ed.80010$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

I concur: I don't give Pug my business because of the bad experiences I've had. And it's the perceived arrogance and patronising attitude with it that I cannot abide.

Because my Pug is no longer under warranty: it's my money and my choice.

I take my motor to local independents, because they don't want to p1ss you off. Their business literally depends on good customer relations.

Reply to
southpawArcher

From what i've been reading from a few brassed of pug owners,According to pug if the computer hasn't reported any faults theres nothing wrong with the car and nothing can be done,Unfortunately trying to start almost 20 attempts unsucessfully then having to floor the throttle to start it,I would say theres something definately wrong whether the computer logs a fault or not.

Reply to
Ady

Was the car low on fuel at the time? Sounds like an injector issue, by depressing the pedal you may have cleared a blockage of some sort in the common rail or some other part of the fuelind system.

'Lumpy' idle would be caused by lack of fuel as well. If the problem hasn't reoccurred since I'd be inclined to put it down as one of those things. If the cars been fine since just ignore it. As previous poster has said Pug dealer will take the p1ss just looking for the problem.

Good luck

Reply to
Longshot

Count your blessings. If this is the only problem so far with your 307, you are one of the very lucky ones.

Androo

Reply to
Androo

There was half a tank of fuel in at the time,Also it did have a metal fuel line replaced near the injectors a few months ago due to leakage of fuel i wonder if shit has got in the fuel system.It's booked in a week on sat so i'll see what they say.

Reply to
Ady

Has it had a cold starting problem since this occurred, or has it been ok ???

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

It's had the cold start problem for about 5-6 weeks now,it's not a major problem just at a guess i'd say 1 in 10 attempts to start the car 1st time in a morning it seems to take 2 or 3 times longer cranking to start.My previous 51 reg 307 hdi 90 which i had for approx 12 months always started on the button 1st thing in a morning.so obviously theres something not quite right somewhere.

Reply to
Ady

It's the glowplugs..... Sounds like their not glowing!

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Naaaaa, Not the glow plugs, he said he was driving and it suddenly started running rough with a rough idle, Glowplugs only heat up to start the car ,, once started they switch off, But as a pure guess, I would say an air leak, possibly somewhere in the vicinity of the fuel filter, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

I was referring to the previous reply about cold starting, but I think you are probably correct, but there may be more than one problem causing these symptoms. An air leak sounds more than plausible, and an air leak may cause some fuel to drain back out of the system overnight, hence the cold start problem.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

N&A............... I agree with the "air leak" theory, this will cause difficult starting from cold, and run OK for the rest of the day, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy