307 HDI judder

The whole engine judders the instant the car starts then stops juddering - does the same thing when turning the ignition off. Any ideas? 2002 HDI DT.

Reply to
Sorn

Engine mounts!?

My 307 1.4 110bhp with inly 12000 on the clock, goes in next week for a check. One dealer said they all do it, another has agreed to look at it! I told them it was getting worse and did not do it a year ago. It now "clonks" when it starts/stops and I have never seen an engine move so much.

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

That's what I thought so I will get them to look at it when it goes in for the flywheel replacement next week. Thanks

Reply to
Sorn

Reply to
tricky4000

My wife's car did something similar a while ago, we reported it during a routine service , they said they found the top engine mount bracket loose, apparently they tightened it and no more clunk when starting or stopping the engine HTH, Peter

Reply to
Fitzy

Just as an update to my "clonking" when starting and stopping (just a small clonk like engine or exhaust mounting).

Peugeot had it today, checked the mounts - OK, still clonks! Said I was not happy as it had been gradually getting worse over last 6 months. They offered said I could check another 307 but could only find a 90bhp (mine is 110), that one had no clonk! The manager of the 2nd hand garage said most but not all 110's do it - so should I believe him? I did have the ECU checked and there were two faults, I think it was also updated, but thats for another post.

I told them that if it gets worse I will be back, and I don't expect to be told the mounts are u/s one week after the warranty expires!

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

Why not take it to your friendly MOT man, let him take a look as you demonstrate the clonk, some of these guys are quite good when it comes to identifying noises and there causes, you could then take it back to the garage, tell them what the defect is, and add that it was defected by the MOT station, HTH Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Reply to
Sorn