307 headlight deflectors ?

Any idea which part of the headlamp I need to blank out to drive a UK car on the continent ?

Other cars I've had had the flatter/traditional headlamp glasses whcih were generally marked where you need to block it off, but on these great big plastic lenses there are no clues

TIA

Reply to
only_me

Call into your main dealer they should know. if not the AA.or RAC.

Reply to
Chris

You can get headlight protectors from Peugeot for these. They are marked with the positions of the mask, and include the bits of black plastic too. However, my 307 has an almost flat top to the dip beam, and although I have the protectors, I actually have never used them for this purpose. Just make sure the dip is not too high. I do drive in France quite a lot. I bought the protectors with the intention of just using them for masking when in France, save having to keep sticking bits on the lenses, then having to clean them off when returning. You can also buy those beam deflectors from places like Halfords, and they come with lots of diagrams for various cars.

Reply to
Brian

Not sure where it was but I read somewhere that most modern cars dip vertically rather than diagonally and, therefore, do not need blanking. Check yours out though to be sure.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Just to confirm that my Peugeot garage confirmed the above and I have just been over to France with no problems. I did lower the dip beam slightly but that was mainly due to the load!

I know this thread is a bit old but I thought I would add my 4p's worth.

Reply to
Peter Hemmings