307 horn intermittent

I have a problem with the horn on my 2003 307 Hdi Dturbo. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm tempted to remove the central cover from the steering wheel to gain access to the contacts but am a bit reluctant to poke about without some advice, knowing that there's a an airbag under it. Does anyone know how to safely remove the cover? I assume it's clipped on and can be prized off. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
Crazy Aizy

LOL... its your lucky day ,just seen this post on.(im a peugeot master tech) the usual prob is that the earth connection on the steering wheel is very poor(a crap spade connection).The offical fix is to drill a small hole in wheel,then cut away old spade connector and put a eyelet type on ,then screw it to the wheel . i dont recommend you mess with the drivers airbag as it can be dangerous.obviously a few things can cause this fault but most of the time its this,for a 100% diagnostic check please take it to your nearest peugeot dealer.all the best mark

Reply to
MARK BANKS via CarKB.com

Many thanks Mark. I'll do as you suggest and take it back to the dealer

Steve

Reply to
Crazy Aizy