307.How can ve covert the cd player to an mp3 player?

What should i do covert the cd player into an mp3 player? Should i completely change the default cd player and buy a new one or can i make it by changing and/or modifying a part of it?

Thanks a lot .

Reply to
LETGO

Have a look at this:

(HDD MP3 player)

According to their native web page

using theAPGS010 cable, the factory radio of the 307 will drive their MP3 palyer as aCD changer.

--szapcsi--

PS.: I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but their products look cool.

"LETGO" az alábbiakat írta a következo üzenetben news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Szapcsi

I've bought a Clarion DB348 which is a fairly simple fronloading cdplayer which happens to play mp3 cds as well. I'm fairly pleased with the unit although juding the sound quality is still impossible since I haven't replaced the speakers yet.

I paid 159 euro for the player.

Jeroen

Reply to
jeroen

does remote control behind steering wheel works? does it show on upper display?

thnx.

bRkiX

Reply to
bRkiX

dunno, don't have one of those.

no

Reply to
jeroen

Hi guys,

Here's what I did: I kept my default cd-radio (which has 2 good things: remote control on the steering wheel, and visual info output on the trip computer dash), and near it (in the spare slot, I think it's for the cd-changer) I mounted my kenwood 919 mp3 player. So, I use the default cd-radio for radio broadcasts mostly, and my kenwood for listening to the mp3s only.

You will ask: ok, ok, but how about the speakers? ;-)

The answer is very simple: I mounted a small knob on the dash, which is switching a couple of multi-contact relays (giving them power 12V or not), which in their turn are mechanically switching the wires from the car speakers: either to the cd-radio, or to the mp3 player. Thus, at a given moment in time I can listen to one device (but that's ok!)

This seemed the perfect low cost solution (all relays cost ten bucks or so!), although I had to spend a couple of hours wiring the relays properly (but that's really a very easy thing to do for anyone who knows how to use the soldering iron). Considering that there are 4 speakers (FR, FL, RR, RL), each having 2 wires, you'll need the relays with 4x2=8 groups of contacts (each group has 3 contacts: central goes to the speaker, second - to the cd-radio, and third - to the mp3). I used two 12V relays, but if you can't find similar, you can use 4 ones etc. I isolated the whole thing with adhesive band and put it behind the mp3 player.

A final remark: I really tried the "fancy" logic at first, i.e. there was an idea to connect the car's factory cd-radio to the line-in (AUX-IN) socket to my mp3 player etc, but this idea failed because you need a analog/digital audio converter, because aux-in at kenwood needs a digital feed. Of course such an adapter costs far more than the ten bucks for the relays...

Octavian @307SW

Reply to
Octav