307 lower arm bushes not covered by warranty?

i've got 307 HDI 51 reg and had this slight rattle/rumble for a while,took it to peugeot and they told me the lower arm bushes are worn and it's not covered under warranty after the 1st year? but what's worse is they said they can't just get the bushes it comes as a complete arm! £340.00 they quoted me,this sounds ridiculous to me.

Reply to
Ady

"Ady" schreef in bericht news:q8NFc.22510$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Write a letter with your complaints to Peugeot UK.

Reply to
B52

will do thx.

Reply to
Ady

Do you have an e-mail address or post address by any chance?

Reply to
Ady

"Ady" schreef in bericht news:jePFc.14916$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

I'm sorry, I live in the Netherlands. I gave you the advise because I contacted "our" Peugeot when I got problems with the ECU of my 5-year old

306. With very good results! Moreover, I presume that also in the UK, because of European legislation, the warranty cannot be limited to one year, if one could expect a longer "lifetime" of the related product (of part of that product).
Reply to
B52

You could try the "Help-Line" on 0845 200 1234 between 8.30 am and 8pm (Mon - Fri).

Alternatively, go to

& follow the various links for "Contact Us".

HTH

Regards, John

Reply to
John J. Burness

Thx will try calling them tommorrow.

Reply to
Ady

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 06:07:18 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named "Ady" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

It's not an import, is it?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

pack have you strayed?"

No it's full UK

Reply to
Ady

Were the rattles from the front or rear? I am having problems with rattles from the rear and was wondering whether this could be the problem, as Peugeot dont seem to be able to find out what it is. Sounds similar to the problems I had from the front before the anti-roll bars were sorted out.

Like you I am sick of hearing about parts not being covered under warranty.

Reply to
HDIdriver

Mine sounds like from the front somewhere but it's really hard to tell i can't be 100% sure,I phoned peugeot uk and asked them to forward my complaint to a customer services manager,she said she would but doesen't think anything will be done about it.I am very annoyed that yes my car is

3yrs old this november but it has only done 17000 miles which in my book is barely over 12 months use,So i told the lady that is NOT normal wear & tear,And besides it's still frigging in manufactures warranty!!! I mean WTF is the point in having a 3yr warranty when half the stuff is *&$%£$%! covered??? This is my 1st ever peugeot owned by me and it will be my last if this doesen't get resolved for free.
Reply to
Ady

Try writing an email to snipped-for-privacy@peugeot.com. (I know it sounds like a webmaster address but it will get directed appropriatly) I was given this address once by Peugeot UK but they have stopped giving it out. I used it recently though and it goes through to France, where it is re-routed to a senior customer care agent in the UK. Dealing with the 0845 number in the UK is a waste of time - go straight to the top. Good Luck, and give them hell. As I said, I'm sick to death of their attitude that a warranty is some sort of favour they sometimes do for customers rather than a legally binding contract.

Reply to
HDIdriver

got a call from a customer service's manager from the UK basically he said theres nothing he can do about it. very annoyed.

Reply to
Ady

According to current consumer protection legislation in the UK goods must be "fit for purpose for a reasonable time", which can be up to 6 years. Assuming you have not caused the damage to this part, I would think you have a good claim. Worth quoting the above phrase in any communication too. It shows that you are aware of your rights. Most manufacturers work on the principle that the average consumer is pretty ignorant, and they take full advantage of this. You can also talk to your local trading standards office, or the Consumer Association (pulishers of Which? magazine).

Reply to
brian

It amazes me the way Peugeot are alienating customers. There must be so many customers who will never buy another one just because of the customer service and aftersales. Its a crazy way to run a business.

Reply to
HDIdriver

Hi,

That's my opinion, too. To tell the truth, there are *good* if not *excellent* Pug dealers / mechanics, unfortunately they are "hidden" for people's eyes behind the bad Pug dealers.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T