307 Mileometer and trip meter discrepancy

Hello.

We've just bought a 307 1.6 SE. It's all that we expected apart from two things - so far..

The mileage on the odometer increases more quickly than either the trip meter or the trip computer readings. So far there is a discrepancy of about 50 miles in one week. Our Peugeot garage says that it isn't sure what the cause is but they are aware of two other 307's with similar symptoms and Peugeot technical support are looking into it.

The service level indicator started at 18600 miles to the next service (rather than 20000). Peugeot have told my wife that this is nothing to worry about - it just gives 1400 miles of grace. Surely this can't be correct?

Has anyone else had similar problems that have been easily resolved? Is it just a question of replacing a sensor unit or does the entire engine management system have to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for your help

-- David Luckcock Chairman of Enfield Choral Society

David Luckcock

Hi David...

The bad news is you have made a big mistake in buying a 307 in the first place...just 2 problems...you are very lucky, there are many more to come !!! My car too had only 18000 or something like that on it...it has just been serviced and it still only had 18500 miles to go before the next service...why ???? only Peugeot will know...or should i say not know !!!!. You will find that the mileage will drop...it depends on how you drive the car...how often...or not as the case may be....if you don't use your car very often the mileage will drop quicker.. I booked my car in for it;s 20000 mile service as indicated on the speedo but it had not reached 2 years...the dealer rand me back to say that it was only an indication and i should wait until the 2 years was up, so one good point to Peugoet there !!.

I hope not to see you here again asking questions, but i fear that you will..

Good Luck,,,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:50:04 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named David Luckcock randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Same here. I took it into the Pug dealer last week, and the verdict came back, "Yes, it IS a fault. We've downloaded the data, and sent it to Peugeot for analysis". In other words, "Hmm, that's odd! I wonder what's wrong with that? Put the owner off until we find out what's doing it. In the meantime, let's disable the cruise control and muck up his seat position".

I'm taking it back in to the dealer next week; one suspects if it can't be fixed with gallons of grease, the trained chimpanzees are flummoxed.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

I see another thread has been started along similar lines to mine.

I thought you might like to know that our Peugeot dealer (at Harlow) has been in touch with my wife. There is a fix - the first batch of replacement parts (not sure exactly what they are) have already been installed in some cars. We're promised that ours should be done when the next batch arrive.

Here's h>Hello.