307 Odometer - compensation offer

Peugeot have sent me what looks to be a standard letter, offering £150 and an "upgrade" of the warranty to 3 years for the inconvenience caused by the odometer problems.

Has anyone else had the same offer - or does it vary according to the age and mileage of the vehicle? Mine's a 53 Reg with roughly 5000 actual 6000 declared.

Regards

-- David Luckcock Chairman of Enfield Choral Society

David Luckcock

I've got a 52 reg 307SW & I have not seen that letter!

However, I don't understand the comment about the 3 years warranty upgrade - surely it is that ALREADY!!!

Regards, John

Reply to
John J. Burness

Reply to
Bob French

Had the software download done on mine and all is calculating ok now. Was told by Peugeot they were not going to rewind the odometer. At the time of correction my odometer read 1300 miles more so didn't think it was worth asking for compensation but it now sounds if Peugeot are dishing out £150 plus 3 years warranty. The warranty is a bonus for me since my 307 Hdi XSi

53 reg is an import from Cyprus and only comes with one years warranty. Can you give me any guidance in how I should ask for compensation?

Regards

Gordon Evans

Reply to
Gordon Evans

"Not negotiable!

sounds like they need another dose of "Watchdog" exposure to loosen the old purse strings

The 3 year warranty is odd, I remember when taking delivery signing a document to say 'yes' i do want to have it, otherwise it was just the year, I thought it odd at the time, why would you not want it ?

Reply to
only_me

Sometimes the extended warranties are a bit of a scam. Not sure about the Peugeot one but I do know that 2 years is a manufacturers warranty and the last year is a dealer warranty. The dealer one requires you to do all your servicing and repairs at the Peugeot dealers, hence making them a load of money. I'm also unsure whether it covers investigation. So if your car develops a fault and it takes them a day to work out what is wrong and an hour to fix, the warranty may take care of the hours labour and parts and leave you a bill for the days labour. Not sure if this applies to the Peugeot warranty or not but it does apply to some extended warranties.

Reply to
HDIdriver

Reply to
Gordon Evans