307 SW HDI Flywheel Split ?

My Fathers SW has been taken off the road with just 20000 Miles on the clock. It appears that the flywheel has split. I think I'm correct in thinking that the flywheel on these cars has a damping unit on it so I guess one of the dampers had come lose or a spring has broken. Anyhow the flywheel has also destroyed the clutch and the gearbox casing which has resulted in a new gearbox being required. Peugeot are paying for all the repairs.

Is this a one off fault or is it a known about problem with these engines ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Webb

Hi,

Flywheel fails seem common on 307s, usually causing a prematurate clutch destruction. The problem has been fixed since. Anyway, I don't know a car manufacturer which had no problems when introducing dual masses flywheels.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

AFAIK only Hdi 110 have problem vith flywheel.

Reply to
bRkiX

I've got a 90bhp HDi, which is a bit "lumpy" and stuttering when idling. Could this be related to the flywheel problem ?

dq

Reply to
david quinn

My 2.0 HDi 110 whines when slowing down in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Does this sound like a "known" problem ?

I`ve only had the car a few weeks - it`s done 29000 and I didn`t think much of the noise until I read this thread.

Hohum.

Reply to
Mungo Jerry

Yup, mine too.

Dealer replaced the Gearbox under warranty. Unfortunately I had to wait 3 months for a "modified" one??

Reply to
Nick (UK)

"G.T" > Anyway, I don't know a car manufacturer which had no problems when

lol, maybe that shoudl have been a hint for them, especially with all the other faults the 307 has! :) Poor peugeot.

Coyoteboy