307 TD SXi - Any Tips?

Hi all,

I'm close to purchasing an 2002 307 TD SXi. Its my 1st Peugeot AND my first diesel.

46k miles, full main dealer history (£8500)

Anything I should be wary of or check for?

Reply to group please as email is non functioning address.

TIA,

John.

Reply to
John West Berks

If it has aircon, make sure they top the gass up for you :)

Mark

Reply to
Mark

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:32:10 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named " John West Berks" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Do you mean an XSi? Is it an import, because diesels were (or are) badged as DTurbos in the UK.

I found with my first diesel that I was over-reving and holding it in a lower gear for too long (especially if your former petrol car was a

16 valve). The HDi engine performs best in the 1900-2900 rpm range.

-There was a problem with the mileometer reading more miles than actually driven. Make sure this has been fixed. Check this by comparing it with the tripmeter.

-Don't expect the mileage figures quoted in the brochure.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Thanks for the tips.

Yes I did mean an XSi, told you it was my 1st Peugeot;-)

Its not an import. Its badged DTurbo on the side of the front doors and HDI on the back. Dealer said it is the XSi spec (Half leather, climate, sunroof, cuise control, 17" alloys etc)

Had my second test drive and have now purchased. Was quite impressed that is did NOT sound like a taxi lol.

Looking forward to the better fuel consumption now:-)

John.

Reply to
John West Berks

apart from a lot of problems when new these are starting to get popular hopefully you will have no probs with yours enjoy

Reply to
Mindwipe