307 wipers

I know the problem has been highlighted before, but does anyone know of a way of getting the right-hand wiper blade to sweep more of the screen? I'm fed up with having a grimy strip of screen right in my field of vision.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

You can loosen the bolt and pull the wiper up slightly, but not too far as both wipers will catch in the middle. Only makes a very small difference though. If you have a wander around your Peugeot garage you will see different cars have a different width strip down the side so it is possible to adjust a little. It will never go away though. I'm interested to see whether Peugeot will put their hands in their pockets and eliminate this when the 307 is facelifted, and whether the modification can be applied to the old car.

Reply to
HDIdriver

You can also swap the blades around so that the longer one is on the drivers side.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

Reply to
Stevie Johnston

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 08:59:39 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "Stevie Johnston" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Well, yes, but most other manufacturers manage the conversion.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Hi,

Just be careful, if you have an automatic wiper. I'm not sure, that in this case the blade will cover the sensor.

--szapcsi--

Reply to
Szapcsi

Hi,

Possibly. Keep in mind that RHD cars are a "minor" market for Pug (minor but not tiny), with 201000 vehicles sold in UK for 2003. This is common for wipers matter, for example wiper arms fixation points are on the left on LHD cars (with "classic" wipers, like 205s, 306s, 406s... sure you understand what I mean), this providing a better sweep on left side. I guess it is the same with RHD cars - arms fixed on the left.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T