307SW Modified replacement flywheel question

Hi,

My father has the flywheel along with other things on his 2002 307 SW replaced after 31K after the flywheel destroyed itself along with the clutch and gearbox. Are the replacement flywheels ok or do they have problems to ? The reason I'm asking is that the car now has 60K on the clock and I'm considering buying it off him but I'm a little concerned about the modified flywheel eating itself at some point as well !

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
swebb99

Hi ..but saying that anything else could go? ..chances are it may well be ok.. I've known a few fail afterwards ..but generally speaking they are ok after new fitment..all the best mark

Reply to
markmtbanks via CarKB.com

Buy a warranty from a third party company like I am going to do.

My 307 has just hit 59K (51 plate) and I am going to probably get the warranty through Warranty direct or someone similar, their prices seem to be about £280 for 3 years and cover the flywheel (as well as the rest of the car) and any subsequent damage caused by a part failing. But not including the clutch components.... friction plate, driven plate, thrust bearing etc. as they class them as consumable the same as brake pads and tyres, which I am perfectly happy about.

As I have seen quotes upwards of £1100 for clutch replacements on 307's (from people with the exploding flywheel problem) I would rather play it safe and let the warranty take the strain.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Not a bad idea at all..But bear in mind that some warranty companies will as you say cover parts, But dont always cover diagnostic time (you pay this) but overall the best way to go chris

Reply to
markmtbanks via CarKB.com