405 airbag fault finding

The airbag light on the instrument panel has illuminated on my 1995 405 glx

1.9TD. I thought I had found the fault on discovering the slip ring connector on the steering wheel had worn out and was not making proper contact (one of the connecting strips had broken and so there was no continuity in the circuit). Replaced this and re-activated the airbag, only to find the light still illuminated! Took it all apart again and measured the voltage between the two wires to the slipring connector with the ignition turned on, there was no voltage between the two.

Has the airbag circuit an in line fuse somewhere?

Otherwise I suspect the broken slipring contact may have shorted out the airbag electronics and damaged them.

Can anyone suggest any other faults to look for?

Reply to
sid_k

For anyone who is interested, I traced the airbag supply back to the main fuse board and found the fuse in position 2 (a 5A) had blown. Replaced to fuse and the airbag is now working. Note that this fuse also supplies the temperature gauge on the instrument panel.

Reply to
sid_k