405 - Back door unlocks but doesn't lock with remote/central locking

Hi, I just bought a 1995 405 td estate at the weekend. The back passenger side door doesn't lock with the remote central locking, but unlocks fine. The push pin can be pushed down to lock the car but feels a bit stiff, and it doesn't click open or closed in a very positive way (Compared to my old Mercedes the whole car doesn't feel very positive, but thats a different matter!)

Before I pull the door card off are there some common problems I should look for? Can i lubricate the mechanism without taking the door card off? I read somewhere that the actuator has a worm gear that can jump, would I just force it back? Am i right in saying that its a positive 12v pulse to move the lock one way and a negative the other?

Can i disable the locking on this door somehow, ie pull a wire out somewhere?

Any insights would be much appreciated, Thanks

Reply to
duncan.haskell

You will need a new solenoid. They are seperate on the 405 although attached to the lock. To disable the locking you need to remove the solenoid altogether, which entails removing the lock assembly first.

Reply to
Nigel

A cheap and simple method of repair may be to fit an aftermarket door locking motor as used by alarm fitters.

johntyers

Ok, Cheers guys. I guess if I have to remove the solenoid anyway to disable it I might as well go the whole hog and replace it. I'll test it first just to be sure its not a wiring fault. I'll have a look and see how much Peugeot ones are v aftermarket ones and post if/ when I fix it, might be a few weeks!

Reply to
duncan.haskell