405 Coil Pack

Hi guys

Im new to the group but would appreciate it if you guys could answer a small question for me please.

My 405 STI has lost power from the coil pack to no2 cylinder, all the others have good healthy sparks ans all the leads are ok. Is this a classic symptom of a coil pack failure? I have been told by a coil pack seller that it is but I would rather get it confirmed by an independant source that this is likely to be the problem.

As I dont mind paying the £50 for a new one, but dont have the cash toi just change out everything and its dog looking for the problem

Thanks in advance

Paul

Reply to
Paul Gray

Yes it is common for this to happen.but if i was you ring round for a price dont take the first price you have been quoted.

Reply to
Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris

I called Peugeot and they quoted me £51, another company with a name I cant remember quoted me £48 with free next day delivery, is this about an average price for these packs?

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Paul Gray

try pug spares or g.f.s,if you have them in your area. chris addlestone surrey..

Reply to
Chris

independant

£34 plus post here.