405 diesel clutch

Don't like to brag but my 405 diesel has done 157,000 miles on the original clutch.

It feels like it has lots of life left in it still.

What is the average life expectancy?

Bilbo Baggins

Dunno, but my old Volvo did 230,000 on first clutch. Second clutch was still fine when I got rid of the car at 350,000. I hope I can expect as much as you from my 205 D and my Cit ZX 1.9 D.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I owned a 405 which was used everyday for my work etc. It then pulled a caravan for weekend trips.. For 2-3 weeks of the year it took us + caravan to places like Switzerland, S.France, Bavaria,etc. Friends would say you`d wreck the clutch. When I sold the car it had clocked 155,000 miles - same clutch!! Chris

Reply to
Chris

Right....... My 405 was used for 15 years as a taxi in Beirut, it had 750,000miles on the clock and bullet holes in every body panel. AND it was still on the origional clutch! ;-)

Reply to
Justin Thyme

He He He, nice one Justin Thyme ;-)

My 1996 405 TD is up to 128000 miles, same clutch, loads of bite, pulls a caravan all over the UK, just come back from Italy via Mont Blanc, and never faulted once,,,,,,,,,,,,,, absolutely brilliant car,,, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy