405 GTX aircon

It is not cooling, I guess the gas has gone. As it is a 1994 model I suppose it requires a different sort of user friendly gas than originally installed. Anyone any idea of cost to fix it, Peterborough area UK.

Reply to
mick

Chris

Happened to pass the local Kwik-Fit today and they are advertising aircon gas replacement from £49 if that helps. Personally I never turn the aircon off since my repairer told me that when it is turned off, the seals dry out and the gas goes whoosh. Certainly it has gone much longer between top ups since I adopted that method. I figure the small extra fuel usage (it hardly shows on the spreadsheet I run - less than 1 mpg) more than counteracts the cost of more frequent servicing.

Reply to
Tinkerer

Thanks, will check it out.

Reply to