405 lock-out

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to read this question. My problem is that I recently purchased a 405 turbo diesel which had been laid up for some time with its battery removed. On fitting a new battery, I found that the key fob won't operate the immobiliser alarm system, so that no amount of pressing will open the doors. The key fob is definitely original to the car, and the fob LED still comes on when the button is pressed, so the fob battery's probably OK. Will the key need to be reset to the alarm on the car somehow? Any advice on how to do that would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Philip Andrews

Reply to
Philip Andrews

The keys are hard coded to the receiver built into the pickup above the drivers internal mirror. So removing the battery should have no effect. You might have to change the fob batteries. I had to do mine recently and the red led was still coming on but would not power the IR led. New batteries fixed it.

Good Luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for a fast response! Will try that straightaway and let you know.

Cheers,

Philip

Reply to
Philip Andrews