405 paint codes

Could someone tell me what year did peugeot stop printing the paint code on the 405. I have a 1994 405 and i can't find the paint code. thanks

Reply to
nick405

AFAIK they never stopped. My 405 is a 1995 and the paint code is there. Printed in white on the right hand (when facing the car from the front, LHD) front suspension strut. You might need to spit & polish a bit, it gets covered by grease and dirt very easily.

good luck!

Reply to
Bzn.

Paint code should be on the near side McPherson strut in engine compartment. Mine is painted on - earlier versions had a sticker.If its any help, mine is coded POKB which translates to Rouge vall elunga. This means red, but its a French car and I suppose they can call it anything they want.

Reply to
sid

Hi,

There are several kinds of red at Peugeot's, like the Lucifer Red (Rouge Lucifer into french), exactly the same way there are several shades of grey. For example, Magnum Grey, Quartz Grey or Thalium Grey (all metallic paints), which are not the same. Same stuff for Ice Blue (Bleu Glacier) or Miami Blue (Bleu Miami), which are slightly different (405s light metallic blue, and

306s (along others) quite dark kind of blue). However, a constant is codes starting with P are for standard paints, and codes starting with M are for metallic paints.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

This link will take you to Peugeot paint codes since 1997. Not 1994 unfortunately, but it may be of help.

Keith Willcocks (remove .nospam from address to reply)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks