405 sunroof

hello all, I have problems with my sunroof, it doesn't open, does anyone know of web sites that will have the sunroof layout?

Or can anyone here help?

Many thanks Stuart

Reply to
Angela

What year is it? Up to '93 or from? Does it try to open? ie does the motor work? Does only one side try to open?

Reply to
Nigel

It a H reg (91-92?0

The motor works, think the cable is snapped. I have heard this is a pig to replace, a few pointers would be appreciated. Thanks Stuart

Reply to
Angela

Twas Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:38:06 -0000 when "Angela" put finger to keyboard producing:

I have a 405 H with a dodgy sunroof, the motor tries but produces hardly any movement, I think the motor needs replaceing, I've not bothered with it though. I could scan the relevant pages from Haynes if you like..

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

In both these cases it sounds like the cables have seized in their channels, due to water getting in. It is possible to change the cables in situ, but it won't last long. You both really need to remove the sunroof cassette and strip it down. Clean everything, and fit nes cables with plenty of lubrication. (I use a combination of copaslip and WD40!! However it is not really a DIY job, and it would take too long here to detail how to do it. I'm afraid you either live with it or take it to a garage to fix (about 3 hours to do plus parts).

Reply to
Nigel

Twas Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:54:38 +0000 when Nigel put finger to keyboard producing:

I'm quite happy to live with mine.