405 XU7 pinking problem

Hi All,

My 1995 405 glx estate with XU7 - 8 valve tends to pink when fully warmed up on a long run. The engine has done about 60k miles from new and performs well in all other respects. the ECU is a bosch model 5.1

Does this engine /ECU have a knock sensor and correction capability?

I have downloaded the error messages from the ECU and there are no problems logged. In the manual, there is a code for a faulty knock sensor but I don't know if I have one fitted.

Where is it and what does it look like please?

As I have phobia about going anywhere near Pug dealers, I'd like to fix this by some other means.

Anyone else have this problem? Shall we form a support group?

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi All,

The XU7 has no knock sensor, only the XU9 has a knock sensor. The temperature of the engine is still ok ?

Best regards,

Michiel

Bob M> Hi All,

Reply to
M$E$C$Damen

Thanks Michiel,

The engine temp seems about normal, perhaps a few degrees cooler than it used to run.

If there is no knock sensor,is there a way to adjust the timing to reduce the pinking?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin