406 2.0HDi Fault Code

Hi

I have had the fault codes of my 406 2.0 HDi yr2002 read.

It has come up with fault code 1166 on a Siemans ECU. Does anyone know what this code represents? I am having very poor fuel comsumption (33-36mpg at absolute best) so hopefully it is going to be something to do with that.

On another note I need a new seatbelt pre-tensioner for the driver's side - is this likely to be expensive and/or is it easy to replace??

Thanks in advance, Ol

Reply to
Oli

This code is for the air fuel ratio in general your car being a HDI it suggests that is misreads the airflow comming into the engine. from the airfilter box to the turbo inlet there is a air weighter, 10 to 1 this is the culprit, and if is is, you save enough on one full tank of diesel to get you another one, it should not cost you more than 40 quid and 2 minutes to install

where did you have your ecu diagnosed? a pug dealer could say you right away what the coe means

its an ordinairy piece of fireworks, should not brake the bank but be carefull, it can easely rip your flesh to the bones if that gets off in your hands..

cheers

Marc

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

The car has now been to a main dealers for the fault codes doing. The report is as follows:-

ECU Fault Code: P1166 Engine Speed: 864RPM Measured injected flow: 8.96 mg/impulse Coolant Temperature: 47 deg c. vehicle speed: 0 k.p.h Battery Voltage: 14.35 Volt(s) Engine Status: idling Time elapsed since ignition positive: 42 second(s) Diesel Temperature: 38 deg. c. Diesel pressure: 410 bar(s) Pressure regulator OCR: 0 % Flow regulator OCR: 22 %

"Intermittent fault. Diesel high pressure monitoring. Pressure controller at stop."

Peugeot tell me that my economy problem is due to the DIESEL PRESSURE. Apparently 410 bar(s) is far too high. They have suggested i examine the high pressure pump, and sensors.

Anyone any other ideas as the high pressure pump does not sound easy to get to.

TIA Ol

Reply to
Oli