406 2.1 TD Glow Plugs

Does 30,000 miles since last replacement seem low?

I seem to recall that last time I needed to turn the starter more than once was just before the glow plugs failed. I seem to be getting the same thing again so suspect them again.

What I cant understand (and I only have limited knowledge of diesels) is why they seem to aid starting of a warm engine?

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Peard

I know I bought Halfords glow plugs once, and they lasted only a couple of months, then I bit the bullet and got Peugeot ones for £65. That was 5 years ago and they're still in the car now,

Cheers Neil

Reply to
Neil D