406 2.1TD (andy's)

Hello all,

I am getting a bit worried about my little motor, I was hammering her the other day (car) and I had to pull in at a garage cos the coolant light came on. I don't hammer it very often, and it has always used a little coolant. I filled up with coolant, it didn't take a lot, and then noticed a lot of smoke (burning oil) coming from the exhaust manifold. It seems to be leaking oil out of the air inlet system on to the manifold, there is oil down the back of the engine. I put it down to the fact the car has done 142,000 miles and thought nothing else of it. Starting the car this morning, fairly cold, it was absolutely gutless, it wouldn't rev at all until it had warmed up, as if the turbo wasn't working!!! :( Once the car had warmed up though, it worked fine, if not a little down on power, so that got me thinking the head gasket was maybe to blame...

Any thoughts on what to check? I'm going to have a fun Christmas.

Reply to
Nik&Andy