406 / 605 Front suspension strut upper bearing replacement

I've got a 406 2.0 petrol which developed a creaking noise from the front suspension when the steering is turned at low speeds. I jacked it up at the weekend and found the noise is coming from the front right strut; when the steering is turned, the spring is trying to turn in the top cup because the cup stays still; comparing this to the left side, the cup turns with the strut so the spring isn't trying to twist. I've looked at the parts breakdown on the service CD and there's a bearing in the top cup (part no.

5035.32). I've ordered a new bearing (replaced by 5035.54) but I'm wondering how easy this is to replace; I fitted new front dampers last year and don't recall the top cup assembly coming to bits. Anyone done this on a 406 or 605? Martin
Reply to
Martin Whybrow