406 Alarm/Siren Units

Hi,

I've got a 2000 406 2.0HDi Estate and am trying to locate the positions of the alarm control and siren units. I've got a CD workshop manual that gives details of them, but not their locations. I'm looking to upgrade the system and want to find the -ve switch inputs from door, bonnet etc. Can anyone tell me where to look?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Hamster

I have no knowledge of the 406 only the 306 - but it may give you pointers.

The siren in a 1995 306 is located inside the front near-side wheel arch liner towards the front of the car.

The alarm ECU is either located in either under the drivers seat or in the off-side rear wing roughly front of the alignment of the seat belt when it is hanging free. Though the latter is only in a 3 door 306 so under the drivers seat in the 4 door 406 would probably be a better first port of call.

Hopefully this offers a clue. Please update the group with your findings for future reference :-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Jim,

thanks for your advice, but it seems the 406 (Estate) is very different. The easy bit is finding the siren, which is beneath the car on the O/S rear. Looking from below there's a mysterious rusty box (remember thinking at last MoT visit - what's in there??). The siren's in there and is wired from the top below the rubber side vent and is accessed by removing the side luggage cover and trim (opposite side to CD changer). There are three wires, which I assume are +ve, earth and data.

The tricky bit is the control unit. I've checked the locations you suggested and still cannot find it. Have also looked behind the dash, though may have missed something. I doubt it will be under the bonnet.

Any more suggestions or can anyone else help?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Hamster