406 brake disc life

Anybody have any idea on what the life of a 406 brake disc should be? It's a 2.1 HDi estate, R reg, used 50/50 round town, rural driving.

The dealership are saying 6000 miles.

TIA

Martin.

Reply to
Martin L Baker

Sure that they did not mean 60,000 miles, which would be nearer the mark

Reply to
Jade

i'd say 50.000 miles for a normal driver is very possible, 60.000 is you drive a lot on moterway's

6000 is ari vatanen..
Reply to
Marc

I seem to remember my 2.1 TD needing rear discs at around 60,000, because the drum was worn, not because of the face of the disc.

Reply to
Peter

Hi,

It depends on (a) whether you drive on the brakes, (b) whether you live near the seaside (increased rust and pad adhesion when stood). I'd have said anything from 60k to 200k if you control the car with the accelerator-pedal, about 60-120k otherwise.

Phil Andrews

Reply to
Philip Andrews

I've changed my fronts twice second time due to a warp. The fronts however were changed originally at 45k and the rears at 65k and I'm driving a V6 auto estate

Reply to
John Hollinshead