406 central locking in the morning

When I get my wife's 406 (T reg) out of the garage in the morning, the central locking usually works fine and the doors open. Often, when I try to lock the doors again, nothing happens. I have to resort to the key in the lock.

This only happens first thing in the morning, and only with locking. At other times of day, everything is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Raymond

Reply to
Raymond Dalgleish

odd one that...you didnt say if you could hear car trying to lock or if any sounds at all with out that info all i can think of is something is sticking due to over night pressure on spring/leaver because of only first thing in morning locking problum(ie key freeing it up)then works fine...and it takes alot more pressure to lock door than open it try getting some wd40 use straw to spray in key locks and all four door catchs and boot as back pressure on a unit can keep other units from locking spary plenty in and work key in lock opening and closing doors... if this not the case please post more info on what you can hear happening ect

Reply to
blackknight

I should have tried to describe the problem more clearly. There is no sound to be heard of the car trying to lock the doors. It's as if it is just not responding to the plipper.

The odd thing is that it is intermittent. This morning, the doors locked without any problem.

Raymond

Reply to
Raymond Dalgleish

couple of ideas spring to mind....

1) any chance of it being related to the battery in the key? eg opening then trying to close again in quick succession might be too much for a nearly dead battery. Preumably you've tried other keys to no avail?!

2) any other 'variables' involved - eg my in-laws live very near a mobile phone mast and when I park at their house the central locking only works if I'm within 2 feet of the car..

good luck - hope you get to the bottom of it!

Reply to
Rob_H

It's purely a morning phenomenon. When I put the car back into the garage at night, the doors open and lock again without any problem.

I cannot think of any other variables.

Reply to
Raymond Dalgleish