406 clicking behind glovebox

I have a clicking noise behind my glove box it is driving me bonkers anyone know what it is?

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
Steve

probably motor unit (or switch) on recirc flap.

Reply to
John Ricketts

Airflow control motor, they are known to go. from time to time.

Reply to
as009a4262

I've had the control motor on my 405 fail, and the on/off whine on the 405 was the same noise in the same place (behind glovebox - who stores gloves there?) in my 406.

Reply to
Bob Chambers

Thanks for all the answers. If I disconnect it will it be in the open to outside position. and can disconnect it and how?

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yes you can disconnect it. Trace the wires from the motor to the side of the heater, where there is a plug. Pull it apart (you may have to depress a small tag first). Make sure the control is in the "open to outside" position first and switch off the ignition. You can make doubly sure by taking out the pollen filter and looking at the flap. You should be able to see the blower motor.

Reply to
Nigel