406 Clutch Wear??

I have a 406 2.0L Petrol on approx 80,000 miles. It has a lot of free play in the drive train causing heavy clonking on taking up and releasing the drive. Driveshafts seem fine. I'm hoping it might just be wear in the clutch plate hub, as this wouldn't be too bad to fix, but not sure if there is wear in the gearbox input shaft splines or gearbox generally. Any way to tell without taking it apart??

Reply to
StevieWonder

sounds like you have a broken engine mount. steve. oxford.

Reply to
someone