406 - coded radio

Does anyone know if the Clarion RM2 with CD changer as fitted to a V reg

406 HDi needs a code? I haven't got one so I'd like to know before disconnecting the battery.

TIA Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

it will be fine when you disconnect the battery, the radio's are pre-programmed to work in the car they were originally fitted its programmed to work off the cars vin via the ecu or something like that !!!. It will work fine in the car its in but if you take it out and fit it to another Peugeot it will work but beep every few seconds.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Thanks Gary - that's good news.

Chris Hodges

And (for me) the even better news is that the airbag system fault has gone after cleaning the connectors under the front seats for the pretensioners.

Chris Hodges