406 Coupe 2.0 idling problems

Hello all,

My 406 coupe engine (2.0) recently started running unstable when idling. This is especially noticable when standing still in front of a traffic light or so and especially with cold wet weather. The revolution counter moves a small amount up an down around 700 rpm and then suddenly I feel a shock and the revolution counter drops, it's just like one of the pistons is misfired or so. First I thought it was the airconditioning or the powersteering that just used a lot of power suddenly but even without steering or airconditioning the problem occurs.

I've been at a peugeot dealer with this problem but it seems that they can't find anything in the computer or in the engine itself.

Is there anybody who got this problem before ? and knows a solution ?

Thanks in advance :))

Reply to
Anonymous

Hello all,

My 406 coupe engine (2.0) recently started running unstable when idling. This is especially noticable when standing still in front of a traffic light or so and especially with cold wet weather. The revolution counter moves a small amount up an down around 700 rpm and then suddenly I feel a shock and the revolution counter drops, it's just like one of the pistons is misfired or so.

First I thought it was the airconditioning or the powersteering that just used a lot of power suddenly but even without steering or airconditioning the problem occurs.

I've been at a peugeot dealer with this problem but it seems that they can't find anything in the computer or in the engine itself.

Is there anybody who got this problem before ? and knows a solution ?

Thanks in advance :))

Reply to
406CoupeDriver

Hi,

The relay for the electric fans can cause this problem. When the relay starts to decay and the high fan speed is required due to increase in temperature from idling this happens. It is also an indication the brushes in the fans are starting to pack up.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Norton