406 Diesel - Draining water.

I havn't got round to buying a haynes manual yet, so can anybody enlighten me on how to drain water from a 406 2.1 12v TD diesel filter.

Many Thanks Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Mindwipe

Not meaning to sound stupid, but I realise that, I mean, where is the Drain Plug..... There is a white screw type thing on the bottom left hand side towards the back of the filter housing, is that it? Or is it literally underneath?

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

All the ones I have seen so far (late 1.9 and HDI) have a clear plastic tube attached which stops the water /fuel from draining all over the engine. It is normally on the front at the bottom edge, but I have not seen the 2.1 model. Brian.

Reply to
brian

Hi,

The fuel filter housing is a black cylinder standing at the right of the engine. Follow the pipe going out of the manual priming pump to find it (although it's very easy to find). At the front of the filter housing you'll see a black screw with theorically a plastic hose (which ends underneath the engine). That is the drain plug. The water or fuel you'll drain will fall on the floor, be careful if you're doing it in your garage :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

I'v got it, many thanks. Andy

Reply to