406 diesel idle problem

I'm having a problem with my 2001 2.0 litre HDi 406 not returning to idle. More often than not it sticks at about 1200 revs as opposed to the 750/800 it used to. Sometimes blipping the accelererater makes it die down to normal,othertimes it just won't budge.

One garage said the EGR valve was sticking,and needed cleaning. Elsewhere I read that the idle air control valve could be a possible cause. Any help greatly appreciated.

Les.

Reply to
Les

In message , Les writes

Hi Les , that sounds like the throttle potentiomter sticking , I had same problem on my 406, a good squirt with WD40 did the trick :)

Reply to
Johno