406 Dud Turbo

Hello again, As you may know I have a 1996 406 2ltr petrol turbo, I am just back from my weekend holiday and when driving my car home I have found that it seems the turbo doesn't work anymore. The car runs ok but the torque is crap !! I know a little about engines but nothing about turbo's is there any one who could help me out with what to check first ? any help greatly appreciated ( I have a Haynes manual with the turbo diesel but don't know if they are the same ) Thanks Steven

Reply to
ggplus

I believe the diesel is a Garrett T3 Turbo, couldn't tell you about the petrol.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Hi

I can tell you my mate who works for Peugeot replaced 3 of these XU10J2TE turbos last year, All 3 where seized.

Have you checked all the hoses? I cant really remember off hand but isn't there an electronic sensor to do with the turbo that can fail & kill all the power?

The turbo is Peugeot part number 0375 69 if that helps

Reply to
Lee Power via CarKB.com

Thanks that does help I am going to try and strip it out over the next few days and look for the sensor you mention (fingers crossed) I will let u know how I get on thanks again

Reply to
ggplus

Have a read of

Nom

Hi Steven

Aparently it is very common for these to seize on the 2ltr petrols - I know you can fit a hybrid one instead but afraid I don't know any details...

Matt

Reply to
Matt