406 Exacutive auto resetting the service mileage

Hi, The car had a 3 year/40,000 servive the other day. I' ve just noticed that the garage has not reset the service mileage indicator. ie the distence to when the next service id due that comes on at start-up along with the spanner icon. How can I reset this myself or does it mean a return to the garage?

Reply to
No Spam

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, No Spam typed, for some strange, unexplained reason: : Hi, : The car had a 3 year/40,000 servive the other day. I' ve just noticed : that the garage has not reset the service mileage indicator. ie the : distence to when the next service id due that comes on at start-up : along with the spanner icon. : How can I reset this myself or does it mean a return to the garage?

On my 307 it can be done with a certain combination of button presses, but I'd have to refer to the manual to see what they were. Does your manual not mention it..?

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

On my 206 it can be done by holding down the mileage reset buttone while switching the ignition on and holding it down for a few seconds.

Reply to
Gerry

Yes, that is what the manual says.

However, trieded it many times without success.

Reply to
No Spam

The 406 is the same, just hold the trip counter reset button down whilst turning the ignition on.. Believe it or not there are people on Ebay willing to take money off you to tell you that(!)

djimbo.

Reply to
djimbo